Well, I did it. I got in to grad school and start on Tuesday. I have orientation tonight where I will meet my fellow students. Who knows, maybe I will meet some bosom friends?
My parents are happy because they like the idea of me being in legit school and getting my masters.
I am happy because I get to learn about Chinese medicine which appeals to the spiritual side of me.
What I love about Chinese medicine is that it makes energy work more tangible/physical. There are specific indicators that you can look at- like the tongue or the pulse or someone's finger nails that help you diagnose what is going on in the body.
I'm not knocking Western medicine and for an acute problem I would recommend everyone going to their doctor. You break your arm and you are not going to go see an acupuncturist.
Where I think Western medicine fails is in the preventative stage. Also in the idea of what being well and healthy is. Being healthy isn't simply not being sick. That's just the middle ground. Chinese medicine can help people feel great.
Anyways, I'll be able to tell you a lot more in a few years. But I wanted to write a blog post today because I'm about to set out on a big adventure and it'll be interesting to look back when I am done and see where I was.
So where am I? Living in Chicago in a tiny apartment. Which, to be fair, is huge by New York or Paris standards! And would be plenty big enough if I didn't have so much crap. No children, no pets, but one hell of an awesome husband. Still working at 1000 Waves and really enjoying that. A bit overweight but generally healthy. Trying to give up processed sugar and soda pop- and while it is not completely gone from my diet, it is getting much better.
So where do I hope to be in five years... in a house, with mike who has his brewery/restaurant thriving, with a kid or two and a dog or two and my own space to do massage/acupuncture and qi gong. I also want to see my sister married, my brother have a job he loves, my friends have significant others that they love and enough money that I don't have to feel super stressed out.
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment