Tuesday, September 3, 2013

first day of school

I, of course, had a nightmare last night about the first day of school. In the dream I really had to go to the bathroom (which is not unusual, I dream about that nightly and it wakes me up so that I can get up and go to the bathroom) but in the dream I had to pee but a class was about to start but a rock concert just let out so I was late to class because 50 people were in line before me to use the restroom.

However, my actual first day went smoothly. I'm not in love with my first class. She just throws lots of information at you. My second class has the best teacher ever. And my fellow classmates are amazing.

One of the things I learned in my first class, however, which I think is awesome is that in olden days in China doctors got paid based on how healthy their clients were. The healthier the clients, the more they were paid. So it was in a doctor's best interest to do preventative medicine and keep everyone super healthy. What a concept!

So the funniest thing that happened this weekend is that Mike and I went out to dinner last night. We were going to a nicer restaurant so I got all dolled up. We got on the bus together but there were no seats together so we were sitting across the aisle from each other. He reached over and put his hand on my leg and I (pretending that I didn't know him) slapped it away with a shocked look on my face! I heard a couple of sharp intakes of breath from people around me- who really believed that I didn't know him and some stranger had just tried to put his hand on my thigh. Until I exploded in giggles. Mike just shook his head and said, "You are such a jerk." It was hilarious!

I also had insufficient funds on my debit card today when I went to Trader Joes. Oops! That should have been embarrassing but I thought it was a mistake by the bank. Nope. I just forgot to transfer funds. Teehee. Sorry to the ten people in line behind me! Maybe I should start keeping a credit card in my wallet. They had to return half of my items so that I could pay for them with the cash I had on me.

Anyways, I've got lots of reading to do, and these classes might kick my butt a little but I am still way ahead of a lot of people in my class who are coming straight from Corporate America.

Time to go read!

No comments:

Post a Comment