Thursday, August 1, 2013

Break me wide open so the world can pour in

Holy emotional turbulence, Batman! What a day.

But before I get to that... doesn't it seem weird that we can have so much affection for things like the moon? But I really do love the moon.

Yesterday in shiatsu class we worked our Gallbladder and Liver meridians. To start the class we did a few stretches, a meditation and then a couple of qi gong exercises. And the exercises helped my jaw to finally release. My jaw has been "stuck" for months. Not terribly painful or anything, but somewhat uncomfortable. Like a bone/knuckle that needs to crack that you can't get to go. Or like needing to sneeze and it just won't come.

Well it finally released. And when you've been holding on to something for MONTHS and finally let it go, it's huge. It felt great. But the release of so much tension is overwhelming. So I felt a bit weepy. In a good way, but weepy still.

And then following class I had my free shiatsu session with Steve, the founder/ owner of my school.

Which starts by doing a client intake interview which is a lot of VERY personal questions. And I was weepy to begin with. And they were things that are not easy to talk about. Things that I thought I had gotten a lot better at talking about... but apparently that is just when my protective walls are up.

Because yesterday when my walls were down, suddenly it all felt so very raw.

And suddenly I was bawling on the table.

He starts by working in my hara (abdomen) and he hit the spot for Lungs (which ties in with grief and letting go) and I just lost it. I probably could have been broken open even more but I was a little resistant- I didn't really want to be sobbing on the table with this guy I barely know, so instead I was just heavily crying, instead of outright sobbing.

I hate the "emotional hangover" after a good cry though. And while a good cry is necessary and helpful every now and then, having a good cry in front of someone I don't know is NOT my idea of a good time.

And despite my Lung meridian making me cry so hard, it is actually my Stomach meridian that I need to work on- especially for getting pregnant.

Stomach is about appetite and NOURISHMENT. And while that does involve food and eating, it also means nourishing the soul. So I need to think about what nourishes my life- and do more of that. I was making a list yesterday and was laughing to Mike saying that this will be an excuse to pamper the heck out of myself. I NEED to get pedicures to nourish me so that I can get pregnant, baby! ;)

So obviously this is a short and random list of things that came to me during a five minute period last night but here are some of the things that I came up with that nourish my soul:


pictures of puppies and pandas
trees
the Lake
cuddling
puppets
laughter
getting body work
magic
yahtzee
connecting with people
fancy face cream
baths
swimming
good food
dipping my hand into a bag of beans/grain
using special glasses and plates
helping others
making others smile/laugh
having a clean house
looking pretty
letters
hanging out with friends
scented candles
mood lighting
peter lik photography
flowers
colors
pinterest
good books
working up a good sweat
picnics on the boulevard
fresh sheets
circuses
food art
monet’s paintings
music
a good hair wash
pedicures
baking
hedgehogs
yoga
tai chi
qi gong
tae kwon do
hula hooping
thankful lists
presents
eye lash extensions
good glass of wine
shaving with a good razor
lemony drink
sleeping naked
kisses
hugs

I realize that some of these seem a little bizarre- like "eye lash extensions." But hey, whatever works, right? 

What nourishes your soul???

No comments:

Post a Comment