Whatever.
My point is that one year in, I would say that getting married to Mike is the best decision I have ever made.
We watched the video from our wedding yesterday. It was fun to see the wedding from a different prospective. I have to say, our wedding was fun. And there was a lot of laughing. And a lot of clapping. Mike and I joked about that. We said, "Do most people get applause after they say their vows?" Or should I say, "Sing them?"
My vows:
Finding
someone that you can live with, that won’t drive you crazy, is no easy task.
I choose
you, however, not simply because I can live with you, but because I can't live without you.
You have
made my life better and easier, sharing my burdens and giving me your love,
strength… and food. Your joy for life is contagious. Your sense of humor is
just as nerdy as mine. Your hugs heal me. And your kisses melt me.
I could go
on for hours about how much I love you, but I think Bob Dylan summed it up best…
I love you
more than ever, more than time and more than love
I love you
more than money and more than the stars above
I love you
more than madness, more than waves upon the sea
I love you
more than life itself, you mean that much to me.
However, it
takes more than just love to make a marriage work, and so I promise to stick by
your side through good and bad. I promise to not take you for granted, to treat
you with respect and to make you laugh at least once a day as long as we
both shall live. I promise to try to be the best version of me that I can be.
And I promise to help you be the best version of you that you can be. And I
promise that even when I am tired or angry or upset, to still keep my promises.
I, Nicolette
Becker, take you, Michael Carroll, to be my husband, my partner, and my missing
piece as we face all of life’s adventures, joys and challenges together.
I love you.
Anyways, upon re-hearing my vows, I thought about if I was holding true to them. For the most part, I am. We laugh non-stop when we are together and I told him to go ahead and quit his job so that he could follow his dreams even if that is a little scary and not currently a good financial decision.
But am I being the best version of me that I can be? Meh. Not really. Time to step it up a notch.
Let's make year two even better than year one!
No comments:
Post a Comment