And, of course, that created a bunch of clever spin offs.
And I will admit that I don't usually do things like change my facebook pic for things like this. I've seen too many "It's national brother day, change this to your facebook status if you love your brother!" and other such stupidity. A lot of times I think, "What's the point? That won't change anything."
So while I am a firm supporter of gay marriage, I wouldn't usually jump on the bandwagon of facebook trends. That is, until I read some statuses by some gay friends of mine.
Everyone changing their profile pic in support of marriage equality is making me so happy. It may not seem like a big deal to you but to me it's like this grand statement saying, "we love you" "we are standing with you against this hate" "this country is changing" "Michele Bachman is crazy". So thank you!
Eloquently said by my partner, Dan. I don't think y'all know how much it meant to see the overwhelming support from all of you today. Always knew you were there, but seeing it took my breath away.
And that was enough for me. Is changing my profile picture going to affect if the law gets changed? No. But if it makes even one person feel supported and accepted and loved, then it is worth it.



Exactly.
ReplyDelete