Monday, April 8, 2013

Ask for what you want in life

This isn't really a blog post for you guys as it is a reminder to myself for the future...

Yesterday was rough. It started out lovely. The weather was nice. The sky was blue. It was a walk in the park. Literally. And then I went to work. And it being the day before I get my period, my hormones were out of control.

Nikki, you should laugh. No, you should cry. Be angry. No, you should laugh. No, CRY!!! Just make up your mind, would ya?

Do you know how hard it is to be loving and mindful and giving at work when you feel like you are losing your mind? Well, I made it through. And did a rock star job at my massages, if I do say so myself.

And I stopped by the grocery store and bought WAY too many groceries. Which may not sound like a problem to most people, except that I have to walk a ways and take two busses to get home from the grocery store- while now lugging seven bags of heavy groceries.

And did I mention that it suddenly got very cold? And I was not dressed for it. And my busses took a long time to come so I was freezing?

(I'm not whining,  just trying to set the scene.)

So I finally got on the second bus and Mike and I were texting back and forth. I was trying to drop some hints about how I would like him to come help me lug these bags of groceries home. He wasn't picking up on the hints. His responses were more of the "great! can't wait to see you!" variety. Which is sweet. But wasn't doing it for my PMSing self.

So finally, do you know what I did? I straight out asked him to meet me at the bus stop and to bring my coat.

And he did. And my night was INFINITELY better and I was more in love with my husband than ever.

So the moral of the story is to just ask for what you want. Don't drop hints. Don't be mad that they don't just magically think of it themselves. Just ask. This I think applies to everything in life, not just husbands and PMSing wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment