Monday, September 3, 2012

pre-wedding excitement

I guess I should write a blog about this coming weekend... my wedding weekend!... for prosperity's sake.

I don't want to bore you with details and whatnot but it is going to be the best wedding EVER!!!!

I was soooo lucky that my mom and mike's mom both just let me (I would say us, but really most of it was my planning) do whatever I wanted. They didn't try to force their will on me at all and for that I absolutely adore them. Thank you!

Second, I have had so many offers from friends and family to help out that I am struggling trying to find things for all of them to do! That's a great situation to be in! :)

I'm not nervous or stressed out about the wedding. Miraculously I had enough money to pay all the vendors. The house shaped up nicely. We were able to keep our guest list to a reasonable level. True, it's sad that we couldn't invite everyone we wanted to, but we compromised and hopefully those people we couldn't invite will understand. I personally feel that all people who are married and have gone through the trial of putting together a wedding and making decisions like that should understand.

I kept waiting to get nervous or stressed about the wedding but it didn't happen. Sort of like when I was getting LASIK eye surgery. I kept waiting to get really nervous and sick to my stomach and freaked out about it... but I didn't and it was a piece of cake.

The wedding has a lot more variables than eye surgery but I plan to just roll with it and have a good time.

I'm SOOOO glad that I made my theme The Muppets. It has made planning this wedding so much fun. It definitely won't be your same old wedding!

Today I got my first ever spray tan. Which, I will admit, looks pretty awesome. Unfortunately you are supposed to do NOTHING after getting it. Don't touch things. Wear super loose clothes (no bra.) Don't carry bags on your shoulders. Don't rub against things. Don't sweat. Don't come into contact with water- which means don't wash your hands. And definitely don't shower for at least 10 hours. I of course went straight to work which meant that I ended up washing my hands, not once, but at least six times!

I find I don't really want to talk about the wedding because I want it to be full of surprises for people. I mean, not huge surprises, so don't get your hopes up. But I love surprises. Even little ones. That's probably why I haven't been flooding this blog with tons of details about my wedding over the past few months.

Speaking of surprises... Mike is off doing some surprise thing for the wedding which he won't tell me about. I keep saying that I hope he is off organizing a surprise Flash Mob. He tells me not to get my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment