So the other night Mike and I decided to make dinner for my parents and brother and sister to thank them for letting us use their house for our wedding. Now, I of course mean that Mike MADE the dinner, but I helped with the decor and serving and doing the dishes.
Each place setting had a copy of the night's 5 course menu. And each napkin ring had a picture of the person whose seat it was. The photos were all from the wedding. This was Jim's picture, taken in the photo booth with my other brother Mike and his wife Kelly. Jim sat down and said, "Really?" and I said, "What?" and he said, "I don't remember ever BEING in the photo booth with them!!!"
We stayed with the red theme (same as our wedding) but decided to change things up with a bit of a different/ funky centerpiece arrangement.
None of the pictures of the food do them justice of course, but here is the potato wrapped potato with chorizo and peas and carrots.
The chef hard at work making some tacos.
I was going to take pictures of all the courses to document them but then I got drunk/ busy and missed a few. This is the beef with mushrooms and soy butter. Soy butter (which is just soy sauce melted with butter I think) is AMAZING! I asked Mike why he hadn't made that for me earlier and he said, "Because we were trying to eat healthy!" Oh yeah.
I'd say the dinner was a success. So much so that I think the fam would even be willing to let us host a party there again sometime!

Have I told you lately how much i really like your hubby?
ReplyDelete