Tuesday, September 4, 2012

the honeymoon phase

Yup, I've become that person that totally neglects their blog.

To be fair, I WAS without internet for a few weeks there. But let's be honest, I am just lazy.

So what has happened since my last blog post? Well, for starters I got married! Still sort of hard to believe.

I had such an unbelievably positive bridal experience. I'm not really a huge fan of having so much attention focused on me... but I will say I liked how everyone was so unbelievably NICE to me! "What do you need? I'll do it." I can't believe how many times I heard that phrase! My friends and family rock!

Transitioning to married life has not been difficult at all... mainly since Mike and I had been living together and paying for stuff together for a year already. I can only imagine how big of a shock it would be for couples who haven't been doing that stuff already. Because living together is MUCH different than dating someone. When you are dating someone the time that you spend together is all about each other. But when you live together you also need to do your own thing. So just because they are in the same room as you, does not mean they need your attention.

I think the hardest part for couples are the little things that drive each other crazy. The not squeezing the toothpaste tube correctly. Or the leaving dirty clothes laying around. Mike doesn't really bother me. I've told him to let me know if anything I am doing is bothering him, but he hasn't said anything so far. It's been pretty idyllic really.

I'm just documenting this so that a few years down the road when we have kids and are driving each other crazy I can look back on our "honeymoon phase" and laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment