Wednesday, January 18, 2012

foam roller


I'm an idiot. I give my clients all this great advice but do I take it myself?

For years I have been recommending that my clients use a foam roller. Most gyms have them. You get down on the floor, prop yourself up in a plank position or a side plank or crab walk (but with your legs straight) and then you roll your legs over the roller.

And it works like a miracle. Really loosens up tight muscles.

Sure, it hurts like hell if you are really tight. But it works. And you can control how long or hard you do it.

But I forgot about the added bonus... goodbye cellulite!

Cellulite isn't just about having fat... but usually it is about having fat UNDER tight skin/connective tissue. That's why you get that dimpled look. But when the connective tissue isn't as tight, it doesn't pull over the fat as much and you get a much smoother appearance. My legs look SOOOOO much better!

I'm so glad I finally took my own advice and used the damn thing!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I need one at home. To use all the time. All day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude!!!!!! I'm looking straight at one of those right now, they are sooo good to roll on to stretch out that muscle that gets all tight and makes my knee hurt.... cool! Hi Nikki B, this is Leah P

    ReplyDelete