When I talk to people (friends and clients) about it, they have mixed reactions. Most people have zero desire to go to a college reunion. But most people went to large schools. What the majority of people say to me is that they already keep in touch with all the people that they want to from college so they feel no need to have a reunion. Those, of course, are the same sort of people who don't want to join facebook because they already keep so well in contact with all their friends. Which, I find hard to believe. Because I know my friends like me. And we do send emails and try to get together but it doesn't always happen. My friends are also really busy and if it weren't for facebook, there are times when we would have no idea what is going on in each other's lives.
So why am I excited for reunion?
- I get to see my friends
- I get to go back on campus... for me the actual Carleton campus is a magical place
- I get to sleep in a dorm room... I'm not sure why that excites me so much, I guess it is just fully immersing myself in the college experience again which I miss (at times)
- I get to not be at work for a few days and go out of state--- yeah vacation!
Part of it too is that I am at such a good place in my life. I am blissfully happy. Annoyingly so. In fact, I often have to turn it down so I don't annoy my friends with my ravings. Had this reunion taken place last November it would have been a different story, but now things are looking good.
Did I mention that I get to see my Pookie! And hopefully my favorite neighbor!? Yeah reunion!
And I get to show off this awesome sunburn! Can't wait!
Have a blast back in Northfield! And a tiny request from your Carleton readership...can you post a few pictures of the old stomping grounds (with you in them of course)?
ReplyDeleteGet your butt over here and we'll bliss out together. People will want to enter our bubble of happiness but be afraid that they will drown in the joy. :)Can't wait!
ReplyDelete