Tuesday, June 21, 2011

looking young

I had a classmate that I don't know particularly well, come up to me this weekend. The first thing she said was, "I'm not drunk." Which might be the best first sentence you can ever say to someone. The second thing she said was, "But I just wanted to tell you that you seriously don't look like you've aged a day since college!" And then she said a few other nice things.

I was surprised and taken aback and stammered out a weak little "Thank you. That's so sweet."

Had I been more prepared, I would have told her my three secrets to never-ending youth...

1) I have the least stressful job ever. I sit in a dark room with quiet relaxing music playing for hours a day. Plus as I do energy work the good energy flows through me giving me a little boost.

2) I drink insane amounts of water. Some day I will actually pay attention to it but I'd say that I drink at LEAST four nalgenes full of water a day. Sometimes much more.

and last but not least

3) I don't have kids. Kids add an instant five years to you. They are worth it, but it is true.

So there you have it, Nikki Becker's guide to eternal youth.

1 comment:

  1. And you aren't married. Sorry, darling. It'll getcha too. :) :) :) See? Everything is perfect just as it is now! Go on with your 20 something looking self!

    ReplyDelete