Why did I need a thousand post-it notes to remember that? Because last week was when it was originally scheduled and I completely, totally, not even a blip on the radar screen, forgot about it.
Who forgets to go in for a FREE massage? Dumbass.
So I made sure not to forget it this time around when we rescheduled it for today.
So I got my stuff together and walked over to the train and was watching the train starting to pull up when I got a phone call from work... the therapist had to cancel.
Karma, I guess.
Which leaves me all sorts of time to blog. And watch the end of Social Network. And maybe even clean my apartment a bit. But let's not get too crazy, we'll start with the blogging.
***
Do you want to hear a funny story?
My coworker, D, has a friend who is a bartender and he invited her to come hang out at the bar where he was working. It is just your typical Chicago dive bar. The only foreign beer they have is Corona and that is what she was drinking. D was sitting at the bar, talking to her friend and a bunch of the other locals who hang out there.
One of them asked her if he could buy her a drink. D said, "Sure, I'm drinking a Corona." And he looks at her like that is really high brow and says, "Um, I'm drinking a MGD."
So D says, "Well, an MGD would be fine," yet all the while thinking, "REALLY? You can't splurge for a friggin' Corona?"
The dude proceeds to basically tell her what a loser he is. How he used to be a millionaire but now he has been divorced twice and has to rent an apartment.
Note to guys out there... while it is okay to be humble, it is not okay to be a loser. It's not going to get the girl.
So a while later he asks D, "Do you wanna do a shot?"
D said, "Sure."
So he orders a shot. One shot. And he turns to her and goes, "We can split it."
Really? You are going to split a shot? You are going to split an ounce of liquid?
Geez Louise!
***
My mom started her chemo and radiation last Monday. So far everything is going fine. Lots of my siblings are going out to visit her. That makes me happy. And she is setting up little projects for us to do for her. I'm down with that. Her love language is doing things so it is nice to be able to have something to be able to do for her.
Splitting a shot? Now that's a new one. Hey, times are tough. Sidenote: Ask Angela to tell you the Merlot story at book club.
ReplyDeleteAnd very good to hear re: mumsy. Keep us posted.