Saturday, March 8, 2014

not a lot going on

Hello my lovelies,

Do you know what is a great feeling? When you have to enter a random password that you haven't entered in months and you get it right on the first try! Go me!

I think I've been waiting to update this blog until I had more exciting news to share. But since that might never happen I might as well write something!

My life is overwhelmed by school. I'm still constantly surprised at how difficult it is. Not impossible- it just takes so much more time and effort than I expect. But there was a funny moment the other day when only about half of us showed up for our Anatomy class and the teacher, Dr. Downie, made a comment about half the class being missing and I replied that "the good half is here" and Jenny modified that to "the BEST half is here." And our teacher goes, "That's true." And we all stared at him with dropped jaws. "You can't say that!"we said to him. He just shrugged and said, "Well, it's true."

It's fun being an adult learner rather than a normal student. It's also fun being in grad school because people have to really seriously want to be there. And they are all really smart.

I think my teacher thinks I am smarter than I actually am. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

And now to completely change the subject. Do you know what thought I had yesterday?

Four years ago I didn't even know that Mike existed.

And now he is a huge, main, central, integral part of my existence and day-to-day life.

And four years ago he wasn't even a glimmer on my radar. I'd never met him. I'd never heard of him. Nothing.

Makes me wonder what life could be like in five years. I mean, anything could happen. Five years ago I would have said that "in five years I would like to be married." And now I am. But my life is still nothing like I expected. And that's kind of fun.

So what do I want my life to be like in five years???
- have kids
- have a dog
- have a house in the country in Michigan
- be done with acupuncture school
- grow my own herbs/ veggies/ flowers
- have started learning sign language
- have visited China

Is it bad that is all I am coming up with? As for the rest of it, I'll just enjoy seeing what happens.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to have goals but you need to have goals that keep you closer to Oak Park.

    ReplyDelete