I'm too lazy to actually come up with a topic for this blog post so instead I went through and found some pics I've taken lately and will just comment on those...
We had a picnic at the beach the other day. It was my friend Emily's first time at a Chicago beach which is absolutely ridiculous. It's not the ocean, but Chicago has some legit beaches. It was an absolutely lovely, albeit slightly cold, day. Makes me wish I always had Sunday afternoons off!
My brother Mike and his three girls were in town for a few days. They were there while I was setting up to give a massage. Lily wanted to try out the massage table and was quickly addicted!
And Amelia has finally passed the stage where she is afraid of me. And despite not knowing me very well (they live in Atlanta) she decided that she likes me because her older sisters do. So here's the thing about her older sisters... I don't love other people's kids. I'm not one of those people who goes gaga over babies. But I ADORE my nieces and nephews which is why I know I will adore my own children. Lily and Ella made me come up to the attic to see their "playroom" which was little more than a mattress on the ground. I helped them set up the playroom more by opening a box of stuffed animals and moving the mirror AWAY from the bed that they were jumping on! We then pretended that there was a thunder storm and we had to hide under the covers whenever there was lightning.
They are such a fun age.
Mike and I drove up to Minnesota for the 4th of July because his dad's family was having a reunion. However, while there I got to see my best friend Jamie too. While we were waiting for Jamie to get off work and meet us at Carleton I took Mike to the local bar and we played pinball. I haven't played pinball since I was back there for reunion- but it only took five minutes before I was completely hooked! Mike and I actually ended up playing twice... once while waiting for Jamie and then again a few hours later while we were waiting for the restaurant we were going to dinner at to open.
Mike played extremely well the first time but not so well the second time. I said to him, "You were amazing this morning" and knowing that there was another bar patron who could hear us nearby he responds all sultry "thanks, baby." I totally cracked up knowing that the guy probably thought we were talking about sex, not pinball!
This is Mike in the Zen garden at Carleton.
Not only did I get to see Carleton and show it to Mike, but then we all got to play some soccer on Bell Field, which is one of my "happy places". This was our badass, serious pose.
This is Mike's dad and his uncles at the reunion. They are all extremely nice but Uncle Leo's Minnesotan accent was so thick that I couldn't understand a word he said.
While up in Minnesota we got to stay in student housing at Macalester college. It was more of an apartment than a dorm, but it definitely had a dorm feel! Brought me back!
Otherwise not much new in my life. Thanks for checking in!


No comments:
Post a Comment