Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy town. Population: me

Sometimes I feel guilty because it seems like people I know are dealing with much bigger issues in life as I just sail along. (knock on wood) Now, I know that I've HAD some bigger issues in my life (mom's cancer, sam being hospitalized, depression, love drama galore) and that everything goes in stages and I am just in a good stage right now. But my Catholic upbringing still causes me to feel guilty about it. 

But it doesn't stop me from enjoying it. 

The last few weeks have been exhausting because I've been busy having so much fun. And even though I'm an introvert, I still LOVE hanging out with my friends and family and get so happy from that. 

Anyways, here are some things that I am happy about right now:


My husband is the best cook EVER!!!!



And he is a total goofball.



And I adore his family. I seriously lucked out getting them for in-laws.


And Mike and I got to take a little getaway to rural Michigan the other day where we hung out at the beach and the dunes and the woods. The woods were so insanely green that it sort of blew my mind. 



The bed and breakfast we stayed at was adorable. We were the only people there and the weather was perfect. 




And I'm totally in love with this tree at the beach. 



We borrowed my parents' car to go to Michigan and when I asked if I could take it my mom said, "Sure, Mike just has to cook dinner for us!" So he did and it was delicious and at the end of the meal my dad goes, "So, when do you want to borrow the car again??" :)



Mike and I went to Half Acre's 5th anniversary party which was a blast. 


And they had a clown there. I am one of the few people who actually LOVES clowns. He made me a rattlesnake balloon animal. 



Life is a little crazy. Mike's last day at Half Acre is the 31st and who knows what life is going to bring but I've got the feeling it is going to be all good. Here is hoping that a bit of that goodness rubs off on my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment