Wednesday, February 15, 2012

valentine's day recap- happy post

I decided that I need a happy, happy post. It's been a rough week for a lot of people. So today I am just focusing on the good.

I loved Valentine's Day yesterday.

Okay, so Mike and I have a joke about "one bite courses" like you get at fancy restaurants. So while I was in the living room and he was in the kitchen, he came out with my first course- which was just a blackberry, but cute nonetheless.

This is what the plates started looking like- with tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, shallots.

But then he decided to pile everything on... so the chicken, the eggplant (some crazy sort of eggplant that looks like a banana), the mushrooms and the arugula. Not the prettiest plating job I've seen, but it was DELICIOUS!!!

This was our little set up. He picked up some hyacinths because they are his favorite, and then as an afterthought, got some daffodils which are my favorite and super cheap.

He told me I wasn't allowed to take a picture of the dessert because it was so messy. But the blueberry and blackberry tart with strawberries and chocolate sauce was still great.


I also got my ring yesterday. Just something simple and easy that I had picked out. I NEVER wear rings so it felt so weird when I put it on- but within five minutes it felt so natural.

This is a little note I had drawn for Mike on our message board. I'm only including it because I think my little panda drawing looks adorable.



My present from Mike (besides my ring) was an embosser! He had a special plate made for me which is so cute. Normally they charge extra for adding drawings (the panda in the middle) but they did that for free because they thought the writing/sentiment was so sweet!


So yeah, life is good. I mean, there are some sad/bad things happening. But life is good.

I hope everyone found some things to be happy about yesterday. And if not, well, today is a new day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment