So now it's time for a little shout out to the Universe to tell what I am thankful for:
1) had a really nice bus driver who stopped and picked up people who were hustling to the bus stop but were still half a block away.
2) Mike is cooking me a delicious dinner tonight. I don't know how he makes things smell so good. Seriously, we have no food in the house so he is just cooking hot dogs and Kraft mac n cheese and kale and yet it smells better than anything you can imagine and he will plate it so prettily that you will think it belongs in a fancy restaurant.
3) I get to marry Mike!
4) I'm treating myself to a framboise lambic beer which always makes me happy because it reminds me of my dinner at Kith and Kin (which has sadly closed) which is the first time that I looked over at Mike and thought "I love him." Not the first time I said it, but the first time I thought it.
5) I'm not fighting with anyone. No big feuds. No big stress.
6) Wedding planning is going well. Oh, except for the part where we have like 100 more people than we can really fit and that if it rains we are totally screwed. Though we did decide that if it rains we are just saying screw it and going with it and busting out the Slip N Slide!
7) my little bonsai tree with it's adorable little panda is still alive
8) I own the movie Sweet Home Alabama now which is one of my guilty little pleasures and I get to watch it tonight
9) my bad mood is gone. I used to battle so hard against depression and when I got sad it would make me worried because I didn't know when the bad/sad mood would end. But for the last few years I haven't had depression and the sad moods are just normal sad moods that end quickly.
10) tea. I love tea. I don't even need to put sugar in it any more. Who is this person that I've become??
11) I was going through my wallet and saw a receipt from the grocery store from Friday that told me the name of my cashier on the bottom of it. It said, "Your cashier today was Jesus." How awesome is that?
12) Despite being awake right now, I actually have been sleeping through the night better.
13) Luna bars. yum!
14) I really, really love my friends. Great, interesting, funny people.
15) I made Mike play the guitar for me last night. How is the guitar so damn sexy??!?
16) I'm thankful for art and paintings.
17) I'm thankful I live in a place where I feel safe. I mean, yes, there are times on public transportation or while walking that I don't feel 100% safe, but for the most part I do. And I'm thankful I have such a happy home environment. I don't get yelled at. I never get hit. And these are things that I just take for granted as a basic right. Some people aren't that lucky.
18) Sports and yoga and a really good workout.
19) The show How I Met Your Mother and Neil Patrick Harris!
20) Being fully booked and having big paychecks
21) Tax refunds
22) The Muppets
23) Love
24) not living in fear. taking control of my life and doing things that scare me and having my life be better for it.
25) George Takei- that man posts some funny stuff on Facebook! It's so nice when you go on Facebook and it makes your day brighter rather than making you cringe and roll your eyes in exasperation.
No comments:
Post a Comment