Monday, July 25, 2011

responsibility

Holy crap! Emerald Dry Roasted Almonds are amazing! I so was not expecting that. I picked some up because a handful of almonds is supposed to be a great high-energy mid-afternoon snack. I'd been eating the non-salted generic brand before which were fine, but these have some awesome flavorful coating on them and they rock. Yes! That was just what my belly needed!



Do you know what I was thinking today? Yeah? Then why are you bothering to read my blog. Stupid mind readers.

Anyways, I really thought that I'd be more responsible by now.

That's not entirely a fair statement. Because I'm not irresponsible. Irresponsible would mean that I had obligations and was not fulfilling them. (My siblings and my lack of yard work when I lived with them might beg to differ, but piss off, I'm not doing things that make me break out in hives!)

So it isn't exactly that I am irresponsible. I pay my bills and I get up and go to work and do a good job. I write my grandma letters and make time for my family. My apartment stays (fairly) tidy. My checkbook is balanced.

I just don't happen to have kids or a car or a house. Which apparently are the signs of being responsible. At least in my mind. I don't think of my friends who don't have these things as irresponsible, just myself. That's what it will take for me to become a "grown up." No matter how old I get, until I have those three things, I will not consider myself a grown up.

But I'll let you in on a little secret... not being a grown up is pretty damn fun! I look forward to the day when I become one but until then, this doesn't suck. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment