Tuesday, October 6, 2009

will I become another statistic of this poor economy?

What to write about today? Let's write about the fact that I may be losing my job. The horror! It is nothing definite yet but the spa has been struggling for quite some time and is in some danger of closing. The bosses actually sent out a mass email to our client list that basically said that in this tough economy the spa has been hard hit and if it continues like this that the bosses would have to make some "tough decisions."

My brother thought this was terrible marketing. After they sent it out though, the phones started ringing and we started booking up. Hopefully this will last for more than just a week. We also received tons of really sweet emails back from people telling us how much they loved the spa.

How many times have you gone by a place and noticed it was now closed and said, "Damn! I loved that place! If I had known it was struggling I would have gone there more or sent my friends there!"

So we'll see. Maybe the spa will pull through.

Would it be the worst thing in the world if I lost this job? Yes and no. I'll never find another job like it again. My coworkers are amazing. The staff is incredibly supportive. It is a healthy and fun place to work. I love my job.

But there are lots of massage jobs out there and I still have my private clients and it could be just the push I need to finally start focusing on writing like I keep saying I want to do.

I don't want to still be working at the spa ten years from now (not full time anyways) but how do you quit a job that you absolutely love?

Now maybe I won't have to. Maybe the decision will be made for me. Maybe the fates have been reading my blog and know that I need a little kick in the butt to do something more with my life.

That was actually one of the other things that the tarot card reader said to me. She told me that I was "half-assing it." She told me that my life was fine and that other people might be happy with it but that I would never be happy with it since I was just half-assing it and that I could and should do more.

I hate it when people are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment