Saturday, December 28, 2019

2020 vision

Do you remember when blogs were all the rage? It seemed like everyone had one. Now I don’t follow a single person’s blog- honestly I’m not even sure if my friends still have them?!? I don’t even remember what the addresses were.

Also do you remember when I had a life outside of my husband and child? I think of all the things I used to do- black belt in tae kwon do, writing classes, Friday night dinners at fancy restaurants, shows I see to see. Walks along the lake. Movies. Just sitting in a dark theater and losing myself to a story for a few hours.

I miss that. The only thing I’ve kept is my Wednesday night volleyball games. It is the only thing that makes me feel like me- like nikki Becker the person, not Nikki Becker the mom or Nikki Becker the wife. Don’t get me wrong, I love being a mom and a wife, but I want to be more than just that. I feel like I’ve lost part of myself along the way. The part that made me awesome.

So this coming year is going to be a year of reclamation. Finding my magic. Glowing.

It isn’t going to be easy. Bad habits are hard to change. Some of the things that I need to get rid of are things that I enjoy but that aren’t helping me to lead a better life. So no more playing games on my phone. No more logging into Facebook multiple times a day. Instead I’m going to meditate (I’ve done 82 days in a row so far, my longest streak by far!) and read books and listen to my MasterClass app and learn new information so that I have interesting things to talk about instead of just relaying what teddy has been up to lately.

Also, I’m going to fucking learn to cook. It’s about time and it is embarrassing not being a better cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment