Well, helllllloooooo!
Long time no write.
You know how on Facebook everyone's lives look perfect? Well, here on the blog, we know better. We know that Nikki is a hot mess right now. I just finished finals, which I somehow rocked (go me!) and that was stressful. And now I'm on break so it's just smooth sailing, right? Hahahahahhahahahaha! That's what I say to that. That's also what I say when people say "oh, are you almost done with school?" Ha! No! NO! I wish, but no! I have three more years left. Stop reminding me. It always amazes me how I can hate and love school so much at the same time.
But who cares about that, let's talk about the good stuff...
I own a restaurant.
A mother f'ing restaurant.
And it's a good one too. I mean, I don't eat half the things on the menu because it is sweet breads and walleye crudo and other daring things. But everything there is delicious (or so people say) . And the space is beautiful. And I rarely ever see my husband because he is there nonstop. And I am super stressed out because running/ owning a restaurant is a super fickle/ volatile business.
It's crazy because we've been working on this for YEARS!!! Many, many years and now it finally exists. So that's pretty cool.
And I'm pregnant. After years of trying one finally took. So I'm due in April. So that's pretty cool too. Of course, maybe that's why Mike is at the restaurant so much, running away from his psycho hormonal wife!!! Just kidding. And I haven't cried about an insane irrational thing in like weeks! Go me!
And we are moving. In ten days. And I have to have my apartment packed up by then and Mike isn't around to help and everywhere I look is a messy disaster and it is driving me out of my mind.
So yeah, I'm a train wreck.
Oh, and I'm pisssed at my new landlord. So I asked him if we could move in to the apartment on the 29th of December because it is just sitting there empty and I am going out of town so I won't be here on the 1st of January and he said sure... but he is going to charge me rent for those three days in December! Yeah, Merry Christmas to you too, buddy!
But let's do a gratitude list because there really are a lot of things to be grateful for right now:
1. I'm pregnant!
2. We are going to have a bigger apartment and TWO (count 'em! Two!) bathrooms
3. the restaurant is going pretty well
4. my team won the volleyball championship this year
5. school is still going well
6. we have enough money so that we can pay movers so we don't have to do it all ourselves
7. it's almost Christmas and I get to spend it with my family
8. I saw the new Star Wars and it was awesome and I can't wait to go again!
9. my new landlord is letting me choose the paint colors for the new apartment and I have to pay for the paint but he is having a professional come in and paint the walls
10. I can walk to mike's restaurant from my new apartment
11. I can also walk to Katie and Sara's apartments from my new place!!!!!!! yippee!!!
12. I got my Christmas card out! a bit later than usual this year but still before Christmas!
13. when I do actually get to see Mike things are really great
14. I got to follow Rachel as my intern this semester in the clinic and she was wonderful
15. I'd say that I'm at least halfway done with packing
16. my new kitchen is at least twice the size of my current one!
17. my new neighbors seem nice
18. I have an easy semester next term
19. I'm off from school for the next two weeks
20. My friend Emily is getting married in a few weeks!!!!
21. mike does a good job of keeping our plants alive
22. I really like a lot of the people who work at the restaurant
23. I didn't have to deal with anybody yelling at me today
24. I have all my christmas shopping done except for one person
25. come next month I will be settled in a new apartment and can finally start nesting!
So 2015, quite the year! Lots of changes. Which is scary. Even when they are good changes they are still scary. But it's better than being stuck in the rut / waiting game that we were in for the last few years.
Here's hoping that 2016 calms down a bit! (you know, cuz things always calm down with a newborn! ha!)
Saturday, December 19, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment