Friday, February 6, 2015

walking in a winter wonderland

One of the perks of last weekend is that we had a blizzard. Normally that wouldn't make me happy... but it meant that Mike's work was closed so I got to spend the day with him. And since we had no food in the house we decided to order pizza. But I am a pain in the butt and I wanted red wine with the pizza, so we decided to brave the elements (Mike LOVES the snow so this was no problem for him) and go for a quick walk over to the local shop where I got a bottle of Mike Ditka Cabernet Sauvignon.

Things I am thankful for...
1. Having good outer gear. As Mike likes to say, "There's no such thing as bad weather- just bad clothing!" (As I like to say, "Shut up, Mike! This snow sucks!") But I've been perfectly toasty while out and about this winter.
2. See-thru umbrellas.
3. Discovering a new, really quite delicious wine.
4. Being out in a big storm when everyone else is inside.
5. Video cameras and memories.
6. Playing volleyball again and our team (of old geezers) beating the pants off the new team of 24 year olds!
7. The future being full of possibilities. My life isn't quite where I want it to be at the moment but there is always time to do something about it.
8. My friends. I've been feeling very, very lonely lately which makes me appreciate the friends I do have even more.
9. Date nights with Mike- we've been exploring our neighborhood more and we've had some epic air hockey battles and discovered a cute little shop that sells delicious hot chocolates (we split a sampler of three different kinds) as well as homemade, flavored marshmallows and truffles.



 I love this couch! 

 Salted caramel, semi-sweet and Mexican hot chocolates.




No comments:

Post a Comment