Do you know what's kind of ironic? I'm studying Chinese Medicine which is all about how you need balance in your life. This is what we need to teach our clients. This is what we believe to be true.
Yet because I am in school, studying my ass off, I have no balance in my life.
I have no amusing blog posts to write because all I seem to do is work and study.
So working on balance is my big thing right now.
I will share with you my one funny story from the week.
In anatomy lab this week we were going over some of the muscles of the face, including the masseter- or the teeth clencher muscle.
The act of chewing is called mastication.
So our teacher was telling us about when he was in undergrad studying this stuff and he had a professor from China who was new to the US and could speak and understand English but it was still pretty difficult for him. And his prof was getting his PhD and had to get up in front of this big lecture hall full of other students and teachers, etc and answer all these questions that were thrown at him.
So they decided to start him off easy and ask him to talk about the muscles involved in mastication.
Only, like I said, his English wasn't so good, and he thought they asked him about the muscles involved in MASTURBATION!!!
He sat there for a second and then figured, well, okay. And starts explaining the muscles. After a few minutes everyone in the audience realized what has happened and are rolling with laughter... but they let him continue on for about ten minutes!!!
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment