Tuesday, March 6, 2012

twenty-five things about me

A few years back there was a fad that started on Facebook where people would make and share a list of twenty-five fun facts about themselves. I miss that. So here we go again...

1) I'm not a fan of diamond rings. Mike gave me a cute little claddagh ring as a placeholder until I find the ring that I want but I may just keep this always.

2) I've been dreaming about/planning my wedding since I was a little girl. And it is going to be NOTHING like I thought it would. I always swore that I would NOT get married outside (too chancy) but now I am. Of course, I always swore that I would not marry a redhead either. Mainly what I've learned is that it's a good idea to not make sweeping declarations! :)

3) I'm crazy good at Words with Friends. My friend Sara and I like to make it more interesting by playing dirty words with friends. If the word isn't obviously dirty on its own, you have to put it into a sentence that makes it dirty.

4) One of the best things I have ever done was get Lasik surgery for my eyes. I still feel like I have a super power because I can see so clearly.

5) I have learned to like beer in the last year or two. Which is good since I am marrying a brewer. One of my favorite beers is Guinness.

6) My sister and I tried to learn all the countries and capitals in the world. I don't know all of them but I know over 150 of them! The country of Nauru doesn't have a capital.

7) My least favorite foods are grapefruit, olives, anise, ginger, hard boiled eggs, canned tuna and white fish.

8) I still sometimes dream in French.

9) I get super sleepy in moving vehicles. When I take car trips by myself I need to schedule nap breaks.

10) Mike and I play Yahtzee at least twice a week. We are fairly evenly matched but I like to hang it over his head that I hold the high score of 640.

11) I don't cook. Pretty much ever. Sometimes I bake. But not often since I am trying to eat less sweets.

12) My favorite actor is Stanley Tucci.

13) I'm obsessed with the Muppets. My favorite characters are Waldorf and Statler- the grumpy critics. I got two of the exact same birthday card this year because both Mike and Jake saw it (it had Waldorf and Statler on it) and thought that it would be perfect for me.

14) I own a Kindle but have never read a single book on it. It sounds like such a great idea in theory but I just love the feel of books.

15) I sneeze whenever I go from a dark place to a really sunny place.

16) I play in a rec volleyball league and I am the youngest person on my team. Some of my teammates are in their 60s! And we still usually win first place!

17) I'm happier now than I've ever been in my entire life.

18) I had my first kiss when I was 11 years old- playing Spin the Bottle.

19) When I was little I wanted to be an archeologist.

20) My best feature is my smile. I get complimented on it all the time- despite the fact that I have a huge gap in between my front teeth. I can blow bubbles through that gap.

21) I'm a Mac person.

22) The weirdest thing I have ever eaten was a chicken heart and I have no desire to ever eat it again. Kinds of makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

23) I love the smell of spring... the world coming alive again.

24) I'm terrified of ladders. Mentally I don't think I am, but physically every time I try to go up on one my body just panics and starts shutting down.

25) My favorite song when I was growing up was Puttin' on the Ritz by Taco.


1 comment:

  1. I love this a lot! And I LOVED Puttin' on the Ritz. Still do, actually!

    ReplyDelete