Monday, March 28, 2011

allergies

Do you know what bothers me? Having allergies. Namely, feeling like my throat is about to swell closed. This is happening far too often, I actually contacted the doctor to do some testing.

But do you know what else bothers me? When people say, "Well, I don't have allergies and I blah, blah, blah..."

As if they did some special thing to stop themselves from having allergies. You didn't. You got lucky. Another person could do exactly the same things that you did growing up and still end up having allergies.

So you saying that you did the right things so that you don't have allergies is bullshit. And it's annoying. Especially when I am in the middle of an allergic reaction and am doing my deep breathing exercises to keep myself calm as I feel my throat closing as I wait for my Benadryll to kick in (and knock me out.)

I never had problems with allergies until I graduated from college. And now I have crazy allergies. Hives. Swelling.

Okay, um... so the benadryll is starting to work. Nikki is getting very tired. Time for bed. Love you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank the heavens for benedryl. I hope you're having an uneventful sleep. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! When is your doctor's appointment?

    ReplyDelete